The TBS CROSSFIRE is a long range R/C link based on the newest RF technology, capable of self-healing two-way communications and range beyond comprehension. With a sensitivity of -130dB, full RF-side diveristy rather than just antenna-diversity, the features already implemented and the future upgrades to come make the TBS CROSSFIRE the only long range control link worthy of our times.
Remote control links, however, are tasked with much more than range. Telemetry, robustness against interference, connectivity with smart devices, ease of use and the overall finish are often overlooked to achieve the last bit of range. The end result is often strange behavior, lack of reliability, or simply things that were never envisioned and thus not possible. Let's kiss those days goodbye, and move on to a brighter future.
Team BlackSheep has been notorious for long range records, close-to-ground proximity flying in the Alps and deep urban operations. During their numerous missions all around the globe they have gathered a list of requirements, and have found that no existing system can cover them all. So they set on a long and painful path to develop a RC link system entirely from scratch, put it through its paces for over a year to ensure top-notch reliability and state-of-the-art functionality.
Through the OLED Display on the transmitter, you can monitor the real-time location of your drone (TBS GPS or BlackBox with DJI Naza or APM-based GPS required). The up- and downlink status provide a feeling of safety, the configuration options through the OLED display do away with any PC-based configuration tools. The pulsing LED relays your link budget and link health in colorized form (green = keep going, orange = turn around). In case of a crash, the location of the drone is visible on the OLED as well. The built in battery on the receiver turns it into a beacon automatically - and it will continue to transmit its last known location until the battery runs out.
Apart from unparalelled maximum range, the thing that Team Black Sheep are most proud about on the TBS CROSSFIRE is that it just works. In the past, the question always was "could our R/C link keep up?". Many missions were aborted, or lines weren't flown, due to premature failure of the R/C link. Once the switch was made to the CROSSFIRE, all of these problems were gone. As long as you have video, you have control. And when the video was gone, you still have control - and telemetry. With the TBS CROSSFIRE comes peace of mind.
- Long range, adaptive and robust remote control system for your aircraft
- Immune to on-board noise
- Two-way communication link with real-time link vitals and telemetry
- Self-healing & frequency hopping (DSSS, FHSS)
- RX beacon mode to recover your downed aircraft
- Super easy binding and configuration via built-in display
- Low latency control for perfect immersive feeling
- Two receiver models: 8ch Diversity Rx, 8ch PPM Mini-receiver (4g weight!)
- 8 or 12ch output via PPM on both receivers
- Ability to fly with multiple friends at the same time (10 or more)
- Selectable RF power from 10mW to 2W (local restrictions apply)
- Dedicated head-tracking input option for full FPV immersion
- Transmitter LED shows link health, OLED display for built in configuration
- Bluetooth telemetry output for smartphone apps
- Expansion port for future feature support
- Coming soon: Micro-receiver for smaller drones. Smaller than you think!
- Coming soon: Software updates via RF Link
- Frequency Bands: 868MHz (EU, Russia) / 915MHz (USA, Asia, Australia)
- Input Voltage: 3.5 - 13V
- Power consumption: 1.1W (@10mW) - 3.2W (@2000mW)
- Dimensions: 55 x 89 x 15 mm
- Weight: 76g
- TBS Crossfire Transmitter
- TBS Crossfire JR Adapter
- TBS Crossfire Stock Tx Antenna
- Crossfire Futaba cable
- Crossfire Graupner cable
- Crossfire PWM Pigtail
- Crossfire JST to XT30 cable
- TBS Crossfire Manual
- TBS Agent (software updates)
PLEASE NOTE: The TBS Crossfire is capable of transmitting on either 868Mhz and 915Mhz at 10, 25, 100, 500mW (+1W and 2W with external power source) - always ensure that you are aware of your country's laws concerning radio transmission and conform to them!