You asked for it and here it is, Tokio SX! The SX is the stretched X version of the Tokio X. It still has all the great features of the Tokio X, butter mount, chamfered edges, hypotense carbon fiber cut, 2 screw canopy mount, camera and vtx protection, except that it’s 220mm to accommodate the stretch.
** Picture for illustration purposes only, you will receive the clear pod version **
Why stretch X? For going fast on a racetrack! The theory behind a stretch is that is has a more stable pitch and quicker rolls. But actually regular rolls on a stretch X are not as fast as a true X. The fastest way around a corner is to pitch, roll and give it a lot of throttle. I think the reason the SX feels tighter around corners is that in order for it to roll the motors actually have to work harder to roll. So in a SX when you roll it’s automatically giving it extra throttle. The stable pitch makes maintaining altitude easier also. What ever it is, it works! The Tokio SX corners on rails!
Heavy emphasis was placed on protection and durability. Less broken parts means maximum flight time. The FPV camera is the most commonly damaged component. Tokio has three stages of camera protection. All three are designed to dissipate the shock of impacts.
Thick protruded lip around the lens. This is designed so the lens sits inside the frame.
Flexible canopy. Absorbs the shock of impacts.
Bendable bracket that mounts the camera. (A flexible FPV camera mount is recommended)
An ultra durable Thermoplastic Polyurethane Canopy houses all the delicate electronics. Unlike a full carbon frame, a flexible canopy can dissipate the shock of impacts. Carbon fiber is super strong but brittle. There is zero give. The impact will either damage the carbon fiber or your delicate onboard electronics. A semi-flexible canopy is like flying around with a pillow around your electronics. VTX and antenna protection. The antenna has been engineered to slope down below the propellers and not touch the ground. If the frame lands upside down the antenna never touches the ground or propellers. Built in motor guards. The shape of the carbon fiber around the motors is design to protect the motors. Simple and effective design.
Introducing Butter Mount. An innovative new way of mounting the flight controller stack. The Butter Mounts are designed in a way the mounting screws never touch the carbon fiber frame. Motors, unbalanced props or damaged props can transmit noise to the flight controller in the form of vibrations. These micro vibrations can cause erratic flight behaviors, oscillations and in extreme cases burn out motors and ESCs. Butter Mounts will greatly reduce if not eliminated flight controller vibration issues. Simple but smart way of mounting the canopy. Only requires two screws to mount the canopy on the carbon fiber frame. Makes it really easy to build or do field repairs. Less hardware equals savings in weight. Once mounted the canopy is guaranteed to not come off.
Attention to detail:
- Fully chamfered outside edges
- Completely flat bottom with countersunk screws. Prevents the battery from getting shredded by protruding screw heads.
- Hypotensed Carbon fiber. The frames are rotated 45 degree so the carbon fiber strands run down the arms
- Antenna ports slightly below the top of the canopy to minimize damage
- Easy access to change VTX channels
- USB ports on sides of canopy
- Camera angle lock (if used with the FOXEER Arrow or RunCam Swift)
- Easy to swap battery strap
Great care was put into designing the shape of Tokio. From the areodynamic canopy to the shape of the carbon fiber frame, we tried to minimize air drag by reducing the surface area in the Z (vertical) and X (horizontal) axis.
- 220mm Stretch X frame
- 4mm fully chamfered hypotense bottom plate with countersink holes
- Thermoplastic Polyurethane Canopy (Clear)
- Weight 105g
- 4mm Stretch X Carbon fiber hypotense and outer edge chamfered bottom plate
- Ultra durable Injection Molded Semi Flexible Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) Canopy
- 1.5mm carbon fiber VTX plate
- Canopy mounting hardware
- 4 - Butter Mounts
- 4 - M3x12 Button head hex screws
- 8 - Nylon M3 hex nuts
- 4 - M3x8 Nylon standoffs
- 3 - M3x8 Flat head hex screws (1 spare)
- 2 - Antenna tubes
- 2 - Antenna Caps
- 1 - FlightClub velcro strap
** Images are for ilustration only, electronic components not included. Frame Only **